Dual Career Program
West Virginia University understands that meeting the needs of today’s professional couples is a critical factor in recruiting and retaining faculty and staff. Many prospective candidates and newly hired employees often have spouses/partners who are also pursuing employment in the surrounding area. The Dual Career Program strives to assist these couples in their career transition and job search.
- Enrich WVU’s commitment to diversity, inclusion and talent retention
- Attract and retain dual career couples to West Virginia University and Morgantown, WV
- Provide customized assistance and support to faculty and staff spouses/partners in their job search efforts
- Engage employers of Monongalia County and the surrounding area to build networks for possible client referrals and employment opportunities
- Provide career consultation and job search assistance
- Share employment resources and networking opportunities
- Inform clients of techniques for resume writing, cover letter writing and interviewing
- Alert clients to open positions at WVU and of job postings for local employers
- Refer clients to hiring managers, when appropriate
- Identify resources and information to help clients relocate to the Morgantown community
Although there is no guarantee of job placement, the Dual Career Program will help to facilitate clients’ job searches through professional networking and job referrals, both at WVU and in the community at large.
To request an initial meeting, please complete the Consultation Information form and we will contact you to discuss your employment goals, needs and interests.
More information regarding the Dual Career Program can be found on the following pages:
If you have additional questions, please reach out to: