Duties & Responsibilities:
CLEANING & SECURITY
- Provides and maintains security of grounds, buildings, and equipment.
- Systematically checks all buildings (40+) following stipulated procedures such as securing windows, building temperature checks, running water checks, inspecting damage incurred to facilities or furniture, trash can fires, cooking stoves being turned off, etc.
- Reports to Program Director any questionable, inappropriate or illegal activities, requests unwanted guests to leave, calls Program Director, or JM Leadership Team Member on call, for proper assistance as necessary. Maintains rapport with clientele.
- Monitors airstrip usage as needed.
- Communicates with 911 Center, local volunteer fire department, and staff about fire alarms issues as needed.
- Carry a working radio at all times for communication.
- Cleans and maintains the interior appearance of all buildings including classrooms, offices and public areas as required by sweeping, mopping, waxing and buffing floors; vacuuming and shampooing carpets, rugs and upholstery using high speed buffers, commercial vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles.
- Transports waste and recyclables to appropriate location.
- Cleans and maintains an inventory on audio-visual equipment in meeting rooms and performs minor repairs such as replacing bulbs in overheads, etc.
- Dusts and polishes furniture, desks, tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment in all meeting rooms.
- Cleans and disinfects bathrooms including walls, floors, sinks, commodes, lavatories, mirrors, countertops, etc., using mops, brooms, disinfectant bowl cleaners, cleaning cloths, and protective gloves in the absence of the housekeeping employees.
- Cleans and disinfects kitchenettes in the meeting rooms including walls, floors, sinks, countertops, ovens, stove tops, hoods, etc., using mops, brooms, disinfectant bowl cleaners, cleaning cloths, and protective gloves.
- Replenishes supplies including toilet paper, towels and soap.
- Loads and transports material, equipment, furniture, linens or supplies to various locations on campus.
- Dissembles and stores items at the close of events.
- Maintains regular communications with Administration, Registration Office, and other departments in performance of duties.
- Cleans and maintains the exterior appearance of all buildings by sweeping, shoveling and removing snow and ice from sidewalks and entryways and performing other related external cleaning activities.
- Cleans and maintains picnic pavilions and council circle when being used.
- Operates blowers, sweepers, and other equipment needed to perform duties assigned as necessary.
- Acts as utility worker, which includes cleaning and setting up rooms, delivery and pick up of linens, setting up and operations of AV equipment.
- Required to lift and/or move equipment, supplies, boxes, furniture, podium as needed (approximately 75 lbs.).
- Performs general maintenance duties in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting and mechanics as instructed, such as minor furniture repairs; replacing shingles on roofs; replace flooring; resetting breakers and fire alarms, changing light bulbs; replacing belts and pumps; repairing equipment; fixing leaks; unstopping commodes, sewer lines and sink drains; painting walls and ceilings; operating various hand and power tools and equipment necessary to complete assignments.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good condition.
- Attends various training classes, seminars and other meetings to learn new techniques and procedures to remain current in all safety requirements and for professional development as needed.
- Notifies Manager/Physical Plant II-Maintenance of equipment and facilities needing repairs or replacement and of potential safety/fire violations.
- Operates a motor vehicle in the performance of job duties. Maintains upkeep of such vehicle by replacing wipers, belts, gas, oil, etc. Maintains a log of vehicle repairs for each vehicle.
- Maintains sports equipment and sign out to groups/individuals.
- Performs monthly inspections on fire extinguishers and notifies supervisor of those that need servicing.
- Complete maintenance requests on items in need of repair.
ADDITIONAL CONFERENCE CENTER SUPPORT
- Performs special projects as assigned by supervisor. Provides support with any operation or need to maintain the smooth functioning of Jackson’s Mill.
- Provides support to maintain the smooth operation of conferences and events.
- Makes decisions concerning operation, request, and emergencies in the absence of immediate supervisor, Program Director, and all other supervisors.
- Complete various forms regarding incidents/accidents on grounds.
- Complete a daily shift report.
- After Registration Office is closed, work in Registration assisting of guests, switchboard, and open and/or close buildings as needed following guidelines set forth by supervisor.