West Virginia University is committed to the recruitment of a diverse faculty, staff and student body, fostering a climate that values differences and provides rich opportunities for professional development and learning. As a part of that mission, WVU has a continued commitment to promote opportunities to military veterans and provide resources to ensure their success.
Over the past several years, the University has been recognized for this commitment, named by G.I. Jobs as a “Military-Friendly School” since 2010. In 2017, West Virginia University became the first institution of higher learning to simultaneously receive both this award and the “Military-Friendly Employer” designation.
Some of the other accolades received include:
- Military Times “Best for Vets 2016”
- U.S News and World Report 2015 “Best Colleges for Veterans”
- Military Times “Best for Vets 2015”
- Military Advanced Education “Top Military-Friendly University”
- Military Advanced Education “Top Colleges & Universities” 2015
In order to best serve the needs of veterans seeking employment, we have provided various resources and guides to help the process: