How Do I Apply
West Virginia University is a place for innovation, growth and change. It’s a place with direction, with drive, with determination. It’s a place for people to make their mark. Sound like the place for you? See where a career with us can take you: Apply at jobs.wvu.edu.
If you’re not sure where to start, we’re here to help!
To view available jobs you can either scroll through the entire list (the most recent jobs are at the top) or use a search option: keyword, location and job field are located at the top of the page, or job number, job type, job schedule and job shift are accessible under “Advanced Search.”
When you find a position that interests you, you can click on the job title for more information, or the “Apply” button on the right side of the listing to submit an application. You can also apply from within an individual job post – there is an “Apply Online” button at the top and bottom of every job description.
To complete your application, follow the steps below:
- Once you’ve clicked apply, you will need to sign into your WVUHIRE account. If you are an internal applicant, you can sign in using your MyID Login. If you are an external applicant, please click the “New User” button and complete the required information. You will need to read the privacy agreement and click “I Accept.”
- Next, you can either upload a resume to fill in information regarding your work experience, or you can manually type in the required fields (those marked with a red asterisk).
- You will then be directed through several sections with various fields that need completed. Once you finish a section, click “Save and Continue” to advance to the next portion of the application. Each section must be filled out in order; you cannot skip sections.
- On the last page you will need to read the e-signature statement and enter your full name as the official signature for your application.
- Finally, you will be able to review and/or edit each section of your profile. Once you are satisfied with the information you have provided, click “Submit.” You should then see a screen showing that your application has been accepted.
If you are unable to finish your application, you may click “Save as Draft” and return to your submission at a later time. Please note – applications must be complete in order to be considered. You may also log back in to your account at any time to check the status of positions you have applied for.