PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CHARLESTON, WV
This grant funded (USDA SNAP-Ed) position provides support for the WV-Family Nutrition Programs (FNP). The Family Nutrition Programs are a state wide (over 40 counties) nutrition and health outreach program. This position is housed within the Families and Health Program Unit of the WVU Extension Service and is a WVU classified staff position. This position will be responsible for traveling to counties that have Nutrition Outreach Instructors or Health Educators to support technology and data collection needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
60% DATABASE and SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT and DEVELOPMENT
- Maintain core database administration tasks such as performance and database monitoring, space analysis, backup and recovery, and database security related to the US Department of Agriculture’s Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) Evaluation Reporting System (ERS) and the US Department of Agriculture’s Food Stamp Nutrition Education Program (SNAP-Ed) Education and Administrative Reporting System (EARS). Work closely with the Family Nutrition Programs Director, Extension Specialists, and Extension Service Assistant Director-IT to ensure that data collection and reporting occurs in a timely manner.
- Install, upgrade and configure databases for training, development, testing, and production on multiple (50+) machines. Ensure the availability of the production systems and perform database administrative maintenance, software upgrades/patching and custom code revision to production systems. Research new patches, upgrades and configuration changes for supported databases. Create any plans and documentation needed by other database administrators and IS management to support University databases.
- Ensures data integrity and accuracy by performing periodic and final reviews of data submitted and by reviewing the annual federal FNP reports for structure parameter compliance.
- Creates and disseminates end-of-year final state and county level reports by exporting county-level data (Webneers) to import into state-level (SRS) which documents the FNP program impacts. This includes the building of customized reports to meet specialized requests.
- Support databases using Microsoft Access, Excel, or other SQL database programs to collect and analyze data (includes responsibility for ensuring data integrity, reliability, and security)
20% PROGRAM SUPPORT
- Set-up, schedule and assist program Extension Specialist with means of electronic media (Facebook, website, Dropbox, blog and Twitter).
- Attend FNP administrative team meetings to discuss program issues and updates as needed. Work directly with the PI, program faculty, and staff to make decisions regarding grant implementation and accountability standards.
- Serve as a member of the FNP Advisory Team to discuss policies and procedures related to curriculum & training, evaluation strategies, budget and expenses, partnerships, and other matters as deemed appropriate.
- Represent the FNP administrative team as part of collaborative projects.
15% TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTION, NEEDS ASSESSMENT & SUPPORT
- Directs and conducts nutrition education data management training for Family Nutrition Programs staff.
- Instructs users in problem solving strategies based on established troubleshooting techniques, or develops new problems solving strategies and creates advisory technical documentation for FNP faculty and staff.
- Analyze FNP technology and recommends appropriate equipment and communication solutions to program leaders. Assists with computer hardware/software purchases as needed for the program.
- Provides backup hardware/software troubleshooting and technical assistance to program faculty, staff and students requiring occasional independent travel when professional technologists are not available.
- Prepares written or oral briefings for program administrators and other necessary and appropriate tasks as directed by Extension management.
- Establishes and maintains program network storage, phone systems, electronic mailing lists and staff contact list.
- Attends classes, workshops, and conferences to learn about enhancements/improvements in database management and their applications, technology trends, and new methodologies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer information systems, business administration or management; public health, communications, information systems or other science filed including computer science, computer engineering, information systems, electronics, engineering, or other science field, or an equivalent combination of education, certifications and work experience.
- 2-3 years experience in Information Systems Analysis/Data Management
- 1-2 years experience in PC Hardware/Software and Data Processing and providing technical assistance to end users.
This position requires the following:
- Background Check
- Valid driver’s license
- Physical Demands
- Operating a computer, extended periods of sitting using a keyboard.
- May need to lift 40 pounds.
- Standing, walking stairs, lifting, stooping, and bending.
- Need to travel statewide or nationwide.